Museum of Cutting Tools of Scarperia
The Museum of Cutting Tools was inaugurated in 1999. It documents the centuries-old activity of the cutlers of Scarperia. Scarperia can fully be defined as a village of knives, which since its foundation in 1306 has constantly manifested its vocation for this sector of artisan activity.
The museum’s activities are handled by the Center for Research and Documentation of Cutting Tools of which scholars and experts in the sector are members.
The museum is part of the “Diffused Museum“, the museum system of the Mugello and the florentine mountains.